TIMBER DECK REJUVENATION & RESTORATION
Do you have a stained timber deck that needs restoration and protection?
Is your deck looking tired or faded by UV light and in need of some TLC?
Merbau and Jarrah make amazing natural timber decks, with The Stain Eaters unique timber decking rejuvenation process will have it looking brand new again.
REQUEST A QUOTE
If you would like one of our expert technicians to discuss your stain removal needs and provide a quote, simply complete the form below.
We’ll take care of your decking
We come to your home and inspect your timber decking and determine the best coating solution for your needs.
The type of coating solution will depend on surface adhesion available, abrasion and wear resistance likely to be encountered; chemical and environmental exposure and cleaning maintenance cycles.
We then price the work and provide a written quotation covering both the cleaning and coating processes. We’ll organise permits, access equipment, and site availability for a minimal interruption.
On acceptance, we complete stage one and conduct the surface preparation and cleaning to our high ISO 9001 quality standards.
Once prepared and dry, stage two commences with the application of the non-slip coating system.
As a guide, our decking rejuvenation process usually includes:
- Step 1: We remove everything off the merbau deck to ensure every square centre meter is properly treated to prevent future moisture retention issues and timber rot.
- Step 2: We do a stain extraction process to remove any spilt oil and fats, moss and algae growth
- Step 3: We attend to any nails or screws in need of adjustment or replacement.
- Step 4: Then we will lightly sand the merbau decking to provide a clean surface for the new coating system and remove any surface scratches.
- Step 5: Next we apply the first coat of your chosen decking oil to restore moisture and lustre back into the Merbau timber.
- Step 6: Following this, we apply a second coat of decking oil usually 24 to 48 hrs later to make sure we get an optimal finish.
- Step 7: Once the merbau decking area has fully cured, we replace all the items back exactly where they came from on the deck and open it back up to foot traffic.
If you want your deck to look new again, call Stain Eaters your local experienced professional technicians. Trust a Company with 40+ Years of Experience.
Use the right products
The correct application of timber coatings is critical. A professional and experienced Technician will take into consideration these key factors:
- Surface moisture levels at application
- Surface preparation and adhesion
- Coating quality and life span
- Traffic load and abrasion
- Use of liquids on site that can contribute to slip hazards
It’s vital to engage the services of a professional and experienced company when rejuvenating your timber deck.
Over 40 year experience
The Stain Eaters is a family business established in 1977 and now in its second generation of leadership.
You’re also protected by our qualifications:
The Stain Eaters Rock-Solid Guarantee – We Get it Right the First Time
We have more than 40 years of experience with specialised stain removal and we’ll make it simple – and fully compliant. We’ll get it right the first time and help you maintain the value and appearance of your property.